Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Kevin Smith

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Kristofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2001
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought MALLRATS last week for $9, and thought it was EXTREMELY funny. I watched Dogma and Clerks over the weekend and really liked them. I like his movies, but don't really understand why he has a cult following.....
    Kristofer

    ------------------
    "Ugggggh"
    -some zombie from NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jubei's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well Kris,
    Kevin Smiths debut film 'Clerks' was what made him a cult following. If you havent seen it then make sure you do. Its considered an A list movie and in my opinion its his best. He shot the whole film in black and white for next to nothing. Its his clever scripts and plots that have made him what he is. But I feel now that he has bigger budgets he tends not to concentrate on the script so much so anymore! But hey thats just my opinion! I also love 'Chasing Amy'.




    ------------------
    Jubei
    www.silentdanart.com

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Jubei's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well Kris,
    Kevin Smiths debut film 'Clerks' was what made him a cult following. If you havent seen it then make sure you do. Its considered an A list movie and in my opinion its his best. He shot the whole film in black and white for next to nothing. Its his clever scripts and plots that have made him what he is. But I feel now that he has bigger budgets he tends not to concentrate on the script so much so anymore! But hey thats just my opinion! I also love 'Chasing Amy'.




    ------------------
    Jubei
    www.silentdanart.com

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    Kevin Smith is great. I own all his flicks on dvd and there very cool. I think Clerks cost him about 25 grand.

    I like Mallrats allot. But its considerd his worse film.

    I think Dogma has one of the funniest and most original scripts to come out of hollywood for years.

    And yeah Chasing Amy is very funny.

    I saw Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back a few weeks ago. It isnt his best film but its lightyears ahead of american pie 2.

    Despin out.

    ------------------
    "Ive got bad feeling about this."

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Thousanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2001
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kevin Smith's movies are good and quite funny but you really have to see them all to get all the jokes and cameos in the films. That being said I haven't seen them all so I miss alot.

    ------------------
    My hit list, second draft:
    1. Generic 2. Chance1234 3. ilpostino 4. Ralph Snart 5. andy_winton 6. Kathy S. 7. Littlerich 8. foolmaster 9. Wolfwood 10. GrizzAdams

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •